tisdag 15 augusti 2017

ROLLING STONES/AFTERMATH SKL 4786 (-66) UK STEREO

If sympathetic to my undying love for this album please also check post on the mono where I show it truly. That's one of the oldest copies in my collection and by now pretty tatterd. Through the years I've encountered many later press stereo versions, but always lacked interest feeling mono was the original piece of art and any two-channel made as an afterthought. Now after finding an early press stereo (-2W/-1W matrixes) I decided to give it a fair chance by sitting down and listen without prejudice. And I have to say for a four-channel mid-sixties mix it is pretty amazing. Big and strong, wide and balanced. No excessive panning or irregular distribution, instead you get a healthy overlapping giving an almost natural picture. No doubt American made as the recordings took place in RCA studios, Hollywood. Maybe the reason it didn't caught me before is the later pressings I've heard didn't sound as strong or well separated as this, or just me being a too big mono freak unable to let it in. Anyway it's my loss and for now the mono can get a well needed rest while I'm enjoying this to the fullest. (RÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar