tisdag 5 juni 2018

KING BISCUIT BOY/OFFICIAL MUSIC SPFL 270 (-70) UK

You'd think that after being a blues/rock/prog/pop/psych collector for almost fifty years I must have heard or at least heard of any period acts within those genres. But no - I still find interesting stuff that for some reason escaped me through the decades. Like this white blues effort. Apparently, though billed as "King Bisquit Boy", it was a joint achievement by his then band "Crowbar", which he left after these recordings for a solo carreer. As new to the band I got nothing except what I can find when reading about them on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Biscuit_Boy . Recommended reading. What immediately caught me with this album was the dirt and the down-to-earth feeling so rare among white blues bands at the time. If you aren't aquainted already - it sounds about like a Canned Heath consisting of experienced black blues musicians. Seemingly live in the studio, loud and violent with tons of authentic feeling. So glad I found it, albeit very late but better late than never. Premiere Canadian on Daffodil Records (DS 1,000,001), US on Paramount (PAS 5030), Spanish on Hispavox (HSX 001-22). Canadian 1995 CD on Stony Plain Records (SPCD 1220). First UK had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar