tisdag 26 juni 2018

THE SUPREMES/DIANA ROSS AND SUPREMES GREATEST HITS 1 13 609 (-69) CZECH RECORD CLUB ISSUE.

Don't know how many Supremes collections that's been compiled and issued in different countries all over the world through the years. As there were only a limited number of tracks recorded by the original trio in the sixties and about the same songs will show up on any "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" I guess even the most die-hard fans would find it hard to need them all and then be forced to choose. This is one I see many reasons to pick and keep. As it was the first Czech Supremes album, having unique compiling and sleeve design, not so much a compilation as a regular domestic issue. To my ears it sounds like cut without much limiting or compression so you get the tracks less soft but with partly better dynamics and separation. At two or three places the treble could be perceived as too sharp, but as a whole the audio is natural, up in my face and beautiful as such. I also get yet another Motown label variation which is just dandy. I am a little confused about the timeline of this copy. As far as I can understand very first 1969 had white label and sleeve design as seen here, while the second issue from around 1970 came with this blue label in a totally different cover. As this has the 1969 sleeve and 1970 label I'm guessing a transition copy, either very late sixties or very early seventies, pressed on thick unflexible vinyl in a thin matt flip-back cover. (ZYZÖ*) (TÖMÖ*) (FÄV*) (BÅC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar