söndag 24 november 2019

THE SUPREMES/A' GO-GO STML 11039 (-66) UK STEREO

No secret I'm a big Supremes fan and collector, picking all decently used and appropriately priced I can find with the ladies from the used bins. By now I have most of their recordings, some of them many times, but for every unique item there's always something new and special to me...like a luscious sleeve design, differing track orders or songs and/or versions I didn't have before. This ticks all those boxes. Partly a greatest hits collection with numbers such as "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart", "This Old Heart Of Mine" and "You Can't Hurry Love", here coupled with a couple of tophole cover versions like "These Boots Are Made For Walking", "I Can't Help Myself", "Hang On Sloopy" and "Money"...all of them infused with something new and exciting and not standing back to any of the originals. Add to that for the time very good stereo mixes and enjoyable audio keeping me cinched in the listening chair and I couldn't be happier. In today's deranged world filled with violence and climate anxiety it feels good to be caught in something this pure and lovely. Issued and reissued on vinyl and CD all over the world through the years, also 4-track, 8-track and cassette. Premiere US on Motown (M/MS 649). US 2017 2xCD "Expanded Edition" came with all original stereo and mono cuts plus twentynine alternate mixes and/or versions. First UK had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (FÄV*) (TÖMÖ*) (ZYZÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar