lördag 2 november 2019

DAVD BOWIE/CHANGESTWOBOWIE BOWLP 3 (-81) UK

It's fun when you find a collection containing cuts or edits that for the first, or maybe only, time showed up on that particular issue. And since I don't collect singles anymore I also like to have previously non-album 45:s for the first time on LP...and that is almost always a compilation of some kind. In that way both Bowie releases - "Changesonebowie" and "Rare" - were rewarding. This not so much. I get one new to me - the single edit of "Ashes To Ashes" - while "John I'm Only Dancing (again)" can be found on "Rare" and the rest is pretty common stuff. That said...I gotta have it for other reasons. It is a Bowie original and as such an obvious part of the collection. It's the only one with that track order and both outer and inner sleeve are special to this. Also the audio is superduper - very clear and well separated making some parts even more revealing than on the originals. So to my needs so far only the third best Bowie RCA compilation out of three, but nevertheless a must and a keeper. Issued and reissued on vinyl, cassette and CD all over the world through the years. Premiere UK had label as shown here and thin fully laminated cover with inner having RCA:s Bowie album discography. (PKÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar