torsdag 2 januari 2014

YES/THE YES ALBUM 2400101 (-71) UK

One of my all time favorite albums. I've been meaning to post this since I started the blog, but can't seem to get it right. It's already been reveiwed, discribed and disected many times in books, magazines and on the net so there's no new facts to add. It doesn't work making it personal either cause I'm in it too deep and have been since I bought my first copy over forty years ago. I can go on for hours about the beautiful melodies, fantastic guitars, top notch backing and disposition, but that's just common knowledge. I could have written about the perfect blend of opposites - hard core experimental yet soft and romantic...dead serious with humorous twists pitched in...proficiently played still not shying back to the common or catchy. There's also a lot to say about the timless quality and how it sounds as fresh now as it did on first release. But I wont do any of that. Just saying if you for some reason haven't heard it yet - give it a try! First US on Atlantic (SD 8283). Premiere UK had plum label as shown here with "Campbell Connelly & Co" credit below track list (later "Rondor Music/Yessongs") and matt fold/out cover. (JÄZ*) (ÄTHP*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. I can only say it's one of my favourite albums too. Sometimes I think it's my favourite Yes album - more than other albums from 1969-1972. Final part of Starship Trooper - Wurm, 'Your Move', 'Yours Is No Disgrace' and even The Clap - all are just fantastic. I love sound of this album.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. The prefect combination of complexity and beauty. After all this time I still find new things in it to enjoy and I probably will for a long time yet. And production and audio is top notch too.

      Radera