onsdag 8 juli 2015

ROLLING STONES/NOW LL 3420 (-64) US MONO

Rolling Stones third American studio album. Back in the mid sixties there was hardly any US LP import to Sweden, so when the RS ones started to show up late sixties, early seventies we already knew most of the songs from English or German albums. Still exciting with the thick paper covers, different trackings and sometimes alternate versions or audio so most band fans bought them anyway. As I remember both "Surprise Surprise" and the alternate version of "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" were new to me at the time I got my first copy and I also thought the cuts from the UK "No. 2" sounded better here. In fact still today I rather listen to this because of the audio and more interesting track list. I give up trying to place all the different London label designs in time order for this album. There must be at least five different for the mono only. It seems the dark maroon here was pre-1966 and the remaining back cover notes - Loogham's "blind man" text and the Ian Stewart credit for "Time Is On My Side" (not on the album) - later removed from most issues, shows on an early press. The Australian version I posted earlier had "I Can't Be Satisfied" instead of "Mona (I Need You Baby)" and also slightly different audio. Will be back with a more thorough comparison between the two later. (RÅ*) (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar