söndag 10 november 2013

ELVIS PRESLEY/ELVIS LPM-1382-C (-56) GERMANY

When it comes to collecting Elvis there must be rules, otherwise you'll drown in records, movies and memorabilia. I only have one - the earlier the better...and that goes for both performance and issues. To me the Sun recordings and first RCA LP:s are absolute magic and something he never topped. Archaic white rock'n'roll, fresh and untainted, caught in simple direct recordings. That's exactly what I get from this second album. Later on he became more of a product, but here you still get the person. The copy shown here is a very early German press, using the original US tapes. It's an odd one so I'm giving the full presentation. Record number ends with "C". Matrix no.s are stamped "LP-62-WP-7207-X/LP-62-WP-7208-X" and "Manufactured in Germany" opposite sides. Label is glossy with lines on both sides of mid hole. It's on very thick, heavy vinyl and the thin laminated cover is a slightly larger type than later became regular. As I understand the initial release also had "Long Play" on label and cover with top opening. This doesn't so it's probably pressed about a year later. Mono only of course - stereo didn't exist back then. Audio is exactly as I want it - clear with a live feeling. This is the Elvis I like. (FÖGÄ*)(ÄWY*) (GÖXÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar