tisdag 12 februari 2013

HITSVILLE U.S.A. TML 11019 (-65) UK MONO

They say I'm stuck in the old ways. I never owned a cell phone, most of my furniture is pre 1940, I get the news from papers and magazines and never replace anything that works. Bought a CD player years ago, but since I don't listen much to new music and got a lot of the old stuff on vinyl anyway, I hardly ever use it. 1992 a four-CD compilation named "Hitsville USA - The Motown singles collection 1959-71" was released with 100+ top numbers. As a Motown lover I thought it was fantastic and played it a lot to begin with, but after a while I felt something was missing - I couldn't get the same connection as with the ones on LP. The sound was cleaner and in a way much better, still it didn't get to me the same way. Soon I was back at the turntable with a stack of mono vinyl compilations and all was good. Maybe it's my ears being so used to the analog sound I can't appreciate digital stuff, or there's something else wrong with me. Anyway this is one of those I keep returning to - the original "Hitsville USA". A UK only compilation with sixteen hit numbers, all original mixes. Not as clean or well-endowed as digital, but I can feel it. Issued in mono only with label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (TÖMÖ*) (SÄM*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar