torsdag 7 februari 2013

SUPERGROUPS ON TOP/VOL. 3 2499.028 (-72) GERMANY

With all collectors hype surronding UK and US issues it's easy to forget Germany was by far the largest European record market in the sixties. The Germans already had a long tradition of high quality pressings, supported and inspired by the ever present Deutsche Grammofon, and most domestic issues was in that vein. The ones I find most rewarding are the many series of compilations, mixing classic numbers with today almost forgotten one hit wonders. I've posted two exemples earlier, this is another - where the tracks are united by time rather than genre. Hits from Cream, BeeGees, James Brown and Who are mixed with lesser known by The Mixtures, Focus, Ocean and Golden Earring among others. To me collections like this is a way to reminisce and recall. When I turned the radio on 1972 these were the songs I heard, so playing it through today sure takes me back. (SÄM*) (GÖXÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar