måndag 27 maj 2013

THE YARDBIRDS/ROGER THE ENGINEER ED 116M (-83) UK MONO

(For background check my post on the -66 first press and Prof. Stoned's comments.) Usually I don't get very excited by re-issues, still this was a good deed by EMI UK. It's lovely hearing a re-press of the 12 track UK mono with such a fine audio, but what really gets me going is they added the UK "Happening Ten Years Time Ago"/Psycho Daisies" single mixes. HTYTA mono had previously been on US Epic "Greatest Hits" (LN 24246), but since the Americans choosed "The Nazz Are Blue" for B-side, "Psycho Daisies" wasn't released there at first and didn't show up on any mono LP. As far as I know it's the only place you can find the original version on 33 rpm vinyl. Highly recommended! US re-issue in stereo only (?) with white cover (Epic FE 38455). Also released as stereo in UK (ED 116S) with yellow coloured wrapping. UK issues in glossy cover and picture/info inner. (YÄB*)(JÄBÄ*)

4 kommentarer:

  1. Glad you tried and liked it! The Edsel stereo doesn't have the single tacked on. I had a copy of that, but got rid of it because the mono is the only way to go with this album.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yes it's great. First time I've heard Daisies mono vinyl in decades. Strange though they didn't put the single on the stereo. Makes it rather useless. I saw a 1st stereo for sale here yesterday, not too badly priced but still not worth it. Btw how do You do to avoid spam? I'm getting that now and it's no fun having to remove idiotic ads and suggestions all the time.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I get those only occasionally, and just delete them. You could start using the word verification system (most blogs do), but it's a bit of a hassle for the poster.

    I believe the 2 single tracks only exist in mono, and thus were left off the stereo version to avoid "false advertising".

    SvaraRadera
  4. Don't like the WV system so I'll just go on deleting them I guess.

    You're probably right about the "false advertising", but that would make it unusually honest for a record company :)

    SvaraRadera