tisdag 11 februari 2020

SUCK IT AND SEE 6499 447 (-73) SWEDEN

I got no problems with label collectors, would probably be one myself if I had enough founds. Yet sometimes it feels sad knowing that original vinyls with bands you fancy and would love to have sell for very high sums, not because of the music, audio or even nick, but just because they're on a crertain label. I've been happy enough to afford a couple from some of those collectible labels, then mostly because of patience and mean haggling, but still there's a lot of fantastic albums out there I'll never have a chance to own. That's one of the reasons I think samplers like this is a blessing. Even if you're far from gathering all the original UK Vertigo LP:s involved you can still get yummy tasters and an idea what it's all about. The tracking here goes from rather ordinary to very rare. I guess you can find most of them spread over various CD reissues last decades, but if you want it close to the fact on vinyl this is one of few. Most of the cuts are almost new to me and I need to listen in further (it'll take some time), but for now my favorites are the more common ones - Black Sabbath "Paranoid", Rod Stewart "Gasoline Alley" and Status Quo "Paper Plane". Good music and top audio on a sought after label and with a little luck you can get it for just a couple of bucks. Issued as a 2xLP with totally different tracking and other sleeve design in UK, South Africa and South America. As far as I know this one-LP variation was Scandinavian only. It came with label as shown here and fully laminated cover. (SÄM*) (CCÖ*) (WLÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar