torsdag 6 februari 2020

BRYAN FERRY AND HIS ORCHESTRA/BITTER-SWEET 4050538448238 (-18) UK

His sixteenth and at this point latest solo album, inspired by his attendance in the German neo-noir TV-serie Babylon Berlin. Ferry is one of my old heroes and I'm happy to say that even at age 73 he's able to make an album of all over superb quality. Staging reminding of his 2012 "The Jazz Age", having re-newed versions of old Roxy Music and solo numbers, though here with a gravitation towards the twenties and thirties in a Kurt Weill kind of style. Backing so well played, all analog giving the perfect temporal atmosphere, and his vocals very touching. I can't hear many signs of an ageing voice here other than it's even more emotional than before. The audio on this LP is absolutely smashing - big, clear and natural. Impossible to pick out any favorites. I hear all good and even better when listened to in one sweep. To my knowledge for now only legally released on vinyl and CD in UK. I've seen it presented as "European", but as both sleeve and label say "UK" and not "EU", I go with British origin. Premiere LP had label as shown here on heavy vinyl in a stickered plastic covered matt sleeve including a large 20 page booklet with credits and art work related to the songs plus a printed inner. A feast for all senses. (BRÄY*) (ÄNÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar