onsdag 26 september 2012

THE TURTLES/HAPPY TOGETHER HA-U 8330 (-67) UK MONO

I've had several different issues and pressings of this since I bought my first copy 1968. Music has always been my main mood swinger or enhancer and that's probably both cheaper and healthier than narcotics in the long run. This was one of my earliest "happy" albums. There's a positive feeling all through and the title song is pure joy. For a long time I was rather pleased with a US original stereo, but it was first when I got the mono all pieces fell into place. It's a lot more striking and well balanced, also the base is more prominent at a few tracks wich makes it softer to my ears. I always had problems with the sixties two-channel mixes since they often comes through as constructed and unnatural, so finding a mono made this an even happier album for me. First issued in US (White Wale WW 114/WWS 7114). As far as I know this UK press was made from the US mono tapes. 1:st UK came with laminated cover and ridged label as shown here. If You want to know more facts about the album check this post on Steve Hoffmans Music Forum. http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=126549

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar