fredag 7 september 2012

NICO+FRACTION/CAMERA OBSCURA BEGA 63 (-85) UK

Nico could be down right magic in the right surroundings, as with V.U. or the "Drama Of Exile" LP. Sadly on this, her last studio album, she didn't get that. Musically it's experimental avant-garde, but the instrumentation is mainly synths with fake drum-sound, moog bass and swoshing effects. There's not much vocals either, so most of it comes through like from a synthesizer test plant - menaningless sounds. Two tracks are above the rest - the beautiful "My Funny Valentine" cover, with real piano, and a re-recording of an older track - "König" - with harmonium. John Cale is credited for production, but I wonder what he did or if he even was present. This doesn't fit her and most of it don't move me at all. To get some connection I will immediately go and give "Drama Of Exile" a close listen. That is a five star album and the one I wanna remember her by. (NÖC*)(FÄV*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. SHITTY PEOPLE!|!!!!! WHERE'S THE LINK FOR DOWNLOAD? USELESS BASTARDS!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. There are no downloads on this page. It's just me writing about and doing scans from my own record collection. Facts and pics only. If You want downloads I recommend Prof. Stoned's page instead

      http://profstoned.blogspot.se/

      Radera