fredag 22 april 2016

BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY/CHEAP THRILLS UK STEREO S 63392 VS. MONO 63392

Had the mono for years and always thought it sounded like a separate mix, as a true mono should - strong, dynamic with perfect balance and fine separation. Through the years I've seen claims both that it is for real and that it's a plain fold. Same divergent suppositions are made about the US mono, which I never heard, and there are also theories that the US is true while the UK is a reduction. But I've never seen a thorough investigation on the subject, once and for all clearing things out. This may be a small start - comparing a UK first press mono and stereo. Can't do a minute by minute. But by checking timing, intros and outros and doing spread swoops on some parts I can only conclude that at least the UK mono is a straight fold from the UK stereo and I can hear no difference between that and what I get from using the mono button to connect the channels. Issued at about the same time as UK CBS started to get serious on compatibles, so it figures (see original inner below). Now I'm getting really curious about the US issue. Is there anyone reading this who owns both US formats and knows for sure? Or maybe someone who can point me to a place on the net where it's sorted out. If you got it - please share! (FÄV*) (LYBÖ*) (CPYC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar