tisdag 20 december 2016

GENESIS/WIND AND WUTHERING CDS 4005 (-76) UK

Continuing the "Trick Of The Tail" post. After my personal disappoinment with that otherwise so popular and praised LP it took a while before I got to this follow-up, thinking it would entail the same lack of connection on my part. I needn't have worried. Besides having all the positive features of the former, it's also far more emotional and inviting. Sounds like they'd already past the post-Gabriel test with flying colors and now could pipe down and let the inspiration flow without having to prove anything. The only track I could be without is "Wut Gorilla?" (doesn't fit in), but the rest works wonders for me. Pondering about what makes this so much better to my ears I find the answer in the small details. Like the build up to the mid piano part in "One For The Vine" setting it off so gracefully, the simple guitar figures accompaning the refrain in " Your Own Special Way", or the deep bass in "Blood On The Rooftops". Small things maybe, but small things constitute all big pictures and the attention to details is what separates the truly great from the merely good. Issued and reissued on all possible medias all over the world through the years. First US on ATCO (SD 36-144). Premiere UK had label as shown here and thin structured cover with glossy lyric/credid inner. (CÄX*) (GYÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar