lördag 14 mars 2020

PROCOL HARUM/HOME SLRZ 1014 (-70) UK

This is personal, showing how vacilliant I can be around a record purchase. I stopped buying from the net long time ago. After being conned regarding nick too many times and postal rates kept rising I decided to let it be and just settle with the local bins. Downside with that was the panoply shrank which also led to some gems getting dearer, but it at least gave me an oppotunity to check the records before buying. This UK was one that hardly ever showed up here and when it did either the insert was missing or the thin fragile sleeve was all damaged. A couple of years ago I found a beautiful Australian A&M copy on thick vinyl with laminated fold/out cover and very good audio and decided to stop looking for a UK (see -  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2016/03/procol-harumhome-saml-933871-70.html   ). Then recently I was presented this by a dealer - sleeve somewhat mangy but near decent, the insert was there and the vinyl a-ok. The price was almost too much for my wallet and since I already enjoyed the Oz one so much I hesitated for a while, but finally caved in. Having it on the collectible UK Regal Zonophone label would be enough for many collectors, but I hoped for more..like better audio or something like that, but no. To my ears they sound exactly the same and if there are dissimilarities I can't hear them. So what I got for the extra dough was a record sounding more or less the same in a more fragile and tainted sleeve. You could call it an expensive downgrade, but on the other hand the label makes it worth it...or that's pretty much what I have to maintain from now on. (RÄZ*) (PRÖX*) (CPYC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar