söndag 7 april 2013

A DATE WITH THE EVERLY BROTHERS WM 4028 (-60) UK MONO

I was just a kid during their heydays and the act was too early for me to connect and form any memories. Still the britpop that formed my musical world was so influenced by the brothers work this album feels like home to me. As I see it the modern white pop genre started with Buddy Holly, but the vocal harmonies and arrangements that later became a requisite part for the most successful UK groups originated here. It's hard to imagine early Beatles or Hollies without them. There's been tons of rewards and re-issues through the years and miles of texts written about them and they're not ready yet. For me it all boils down to this particular copy. It was a big success in UK. The album reached #3 and two singles from it was top 4. I bet many British stars to be, but also producers, listened and learned. It's a perfect recording and pressing - big and strong with a natural sound allowing every nuance to be heard. Don't know who produced, but it's all top notch. I may be a little silly here, but since this is a UK first press I'm imagining John Lennon, Graham Nash, George Martin and many more listening to copies exactly like this, resulting in inspiration and ideas that would change the musical world forever. Premiere US on WB (W 1395). First UK had label as shown here and thin laminated fold/out cover with lots of pics and a "record pocket" inside. (MÖRS*)(FÖGÄ*)

1 kommentar:

  1. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was
    extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for novice blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


    Feel free to surf to my homepage sian

    SvaraRadera