tisdag 16 april 2013

SAVAGE ROSE/TRAVELIN' 184 316 (-69)

(For backround also check my posts on their previous albums.) The groups third LP. Following the recognition of the debute they toured Europe constantly for a year and by 1969 also doing gigs in US. After playing the Newport Festival there was an invite to record this at Mira Sound Studio in New York. I have to admit I don't like it as much as the previous ones. There's good songs and odd lyrics, performed with Anisettes childish vocals, but I miss the directness and live feeling. While those were up in your face and unpretentious, this is more elegant and calculated. Probably a result of moving from a primitive studio to one that was top of the line for its time. I still think it's a fine album, just saying the two first are a lot closer to my heart. Favorite track - "My Family Was Gay" - because of the odd lyrics. Don't know of any other vinyl issues. CD release 1991 on Universal Distribution (8431852). German 1969 press for domestic and Scandinavian markets had label as shown here and thin laminated f/o cover. (SCÄ*)(FÄV*) (SÄWÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar