torsdag 11 april 2013

JETHRO TULL/HEAVY HORSES CHR 1175 (-78) UK

The groups eleventh studio album and still going strong. For over a decade they had managed to stay fresh and interesting, constantly re-newing themselves and at the same time reaching big sales. That's almost unprecedented in the mutable rock world. In the late seventies I was still a big fan and this one of my most played LP:s. As time went by it disappeared from the collection and I almost forgot about it. Last week I found this copy at the vinyl shop and the first play in decades kept me nailed to the chair. After all this time I still knew it by heart. The lyrics and melodies was in me and I could sing along with first spin. From the two long heavy folk/psych numbers - "Lullaby" and "Heavy Horses" - to the pastoral observations in "Moths" and "One Brown Mouse", it all came back and made me feel so good. Whatever happens I will never let it go again. It's considered by many as their last "great" album. I don't agree - a few later ones are also very good, like "Stormwatch" and "Crest On A Knave". First US with same cover design, tracking and number. Early UK had label as shown here, structured cover with embossed titles and rim plus glossy lyric inner. (YÖHT*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar