söndag 7 april 2013

SUPER BAD/20 ORIGINAL HITS 20 ORIGINAL STARS NU-427 (-73)

This may be low price, but it's a true gem. Although a big sixties Motown fan, I never had much interest in US seventies soul. Don't know why, I'd just phased it out. A while ago a friend nagged me into getting this compilation. It was $5 so I bought only to shut him up. After first spin I couldn't stop listening, amazed by the quality of the melodies, performances and production. It's a K-Tel pick from different labels - twenty catchy songs with fine audio, some of them big US hits back then. Many has become favorites, but the ones treating me best are - Millie Jackson "My Man, A Sweet Man", Sylvers "Wish That I Could Talk To You" and Staple Singers "Respect Yourself". May not be a collectors item, but if you just want good music it's recommended. Also as extended re-issue on CD. (SÄM*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar