onsdag 10 april 2013

THE ASSOCIATION/INSIGHT OUT W 1696 (-67) US MONO

Spring is finally coming on. Nights are still cold but day temps steady above freezing. The sun seems a little bit brighter and the mind a little lighter. As I'm thawing there's a certain kind of music I listen to. At this time, year after year, same LP:s are on my turntable. A kind of greeting to the season, but also a connection to past springs. This is one of them. The group was never big in Sweden, with one exception - the song "Windy". It was high on the lists , played on radio and TV, people were humming it and made it stick in my young brain. Since then part of my spring ritual together with the rest of the album. It fits perfect - bright and happy flower power pop performed with beautiful vocal harmonies. I've seen some call it psych, but I do not agree. There nothing experimental here and no danger, just enough oddities to raise it above ordinary. Produced by Bones Howe, who also worked in the same style with "Mamas&Papas" and "5th Dimension" . The album was their most successful in US, peaking at #8 on Billboard. The singles from it - "Windy" and "Never My Love" - got to #1 and #2 respectively. UK issue on London (HA-T 8342). Remixed on CD 2003 (Collectors Choice CCM 381 2) I guess this is first US press with ridged gold label and glossy cover. (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÅ*) (ÄKÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar