måndag 6 april 2020

DAVID BOWIE/STATION TO STATION APL1 1327 (-76) UK

When this showed up in the shops back then I hadn't warmed up to the former "Young Americans" yet and still confused about his American adventure. The first cuts I'd heard on the radio were "Golden Years" and "Stay" and those didn't impress me at all. But as with YA I gave in after a while, bought the record and settled with the conversion. And even if the two aforementioned songs or the album itself still aren't high on any of my best of Bowie lists I always return to "Wild Is The Wind" and "Word On A Wing" - both so dripping with emotions they move me every time. The title track is also attractive with its hypnotic intro and "TVC 15" quite cheerful listening. To my taste as a whole better than most other albums issued at the time but not Bowie at his finest. Issued and reissued on every possible format all over the world through the years. US 1997 Rykodisc CD (RCD 80141) came with two live cuts as bonus. EMI 2010 Delux edition box set (BOWSTSD2010) included five CD:s - with analog mastering, 1985 CD mastering, single versions and takes from a 1976 Nassau concert - and DVD:s containing surround sound versions and a new stereo mix, plus a reissue of the original LP and a 2-LP from the Nassau concert. Premiere UK had label as shown here and thin matt cover with credit insert. (PKÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar