fredag 24 april 2020

ARGENT/ENCORE 880 83 (-74) UK

A live double that can take you on an adveturous ride and certainly does it for me in my comfy listening chair. But I guess if you're not into the band already and familiar with their sometimes abrupt changes between prog, rock and melodic pop, it may hit you as a bit messy and hard to break through. Former hits like "God Gave Rock'n'Roll To You", "It's Only Money", "Hold Your Head Up" and even the Zombies marvel "Time Of The Season" performed very different from the studio versions and then suffused and surronded by progressive components. Excellently performed all the way and for me who always fancy a good clash between catchy melodies and innovative backing it's very pleasing. Neither "I Don't Believe In Miracles" nor "Time Of The Season" as done here can measure up to the Colin Blunstone versions, but they are different in a good way and hence enjoyable enough to be my favorites. Audio on this UK vinyl is a little too dense for my taste, making it hard but not impossible to get in. As a whole maybe not high on my live album top ten list, but it is a very good concert captured totally ok, so it could do it for more than just band fans. Originally issued on vinyl also in US and Canada (Epic PEG 33079), Japan and Downunder. Japan 2008 limited edition CD in paper sleeve with obi (Epic EICP 1018). Premiere UK had label as shown here in a matt fold/out cover. (ZÖZ*) (LYBÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar