lördag 26 maj 2012

TOM JONES/ I WHO HAVE NOTHING LK 5072 (-70) UK MONO

The last original recording released as both stereo and mono in UK. Issued late 1970 it was a "catalog mono"   https://monolover.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-is-catalog-mono.html   and available for special orders only. First I didn't reflect much on the mix (it's not a record I listen a lot to), thought the whole album was a plain fold down from the stereo - Decca made good compatibles at this time. But then I was reminded some of the tracks were released on '45:s and the could have separate mixes. Listening to "Daughter Of Darkness" that sounds like a true UK mono mix with potent base and good separation. Going on to the other tracks I get the same feeling...it's all good mono! Though, again, knowing the Decca format policy at the time I have to assume it is a plain fold of a top compatible. But as it sounds just fine and is a true mono rarity I can live with that.  (UKÖ*)(YMÖ*)(MÖRS*)(TÖJX*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar