lördag 29 augusti 2015

FATS WALLER FAVORITES - A PROGRAMME BY FATS WALLER AND HIS RYTHM DLP 1008 (-53) UK

UK compilation of eight cuts recorded 1929-41, transferred from 78 rpm records to vinyl. You get the original instrumental recordings of "Ain't Misbehavin" and "Honeysuckle Rose" - each here presented as "piano solo" - and one more non-vocal "The Minor Drag". "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" a duet between Waller and his thirties protege Una Mae Carlisle (1915-56), remaining sung by Waller alone. When I go for 78 rpm recordings conveyed to later formats I always try to get it as early as possible, with cuts directly transmitted from record to record, without any cleansing or other embellishing procedures. That way I get closer to the original audio and atmosphere. If you modernize the past you'll kill it and the roots get lost. This however is nigh to the source and I'm there. There's been lots of Fats Waller compilations through the years, but to my knowledge this variation was UK only. First had label as shown here and glossy sleeve with crescent flips. (NYFÖ*) (PÖP*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar