tisdag 22 januari 2013

SLADE/SLADEST 2442 119 (-73) UK

I got a friend in England who hates Slade. In his teens he saw and heard them everywhere - radio, TV, football chants, christmas specials or interverviews concerning some of their many successful comebacks. Growing up in Sweden I didn't get the overexposure and have to admit I still like them. I don't go for the sing-alongs, dresses, make-up or later stuff, but in their first years they composed and recorded some very good seventies rock. In a café near school where we spent our lunch hours in the early seventies I used up many juke-box dimes on "Coz I Luv You" and still think it's an outstanding track. This compilation has lots of goodies from those years and it's high class rock'n'roll - loud, rude and screamy with appealing melodies. So if you can forget the outfits or the long history and just sit down and listen...it's a killer. Original issues in twenty or more countries. First US on Reprise (MS 2173) for some reason only had ten tracks, omitting four from the regular issue. Early UK had label as shown here and matt f/o cover with stapled eight page booklet.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar