måndag 28 januari 2013

DAVE MASON & CASS ELLIOT 5C062-92335 (-71) UK EXPORT

When it comes to vinyl issues I'm a real anorak. Matrixes, label print and record DNA means something to me and I can spend a lot of time trying to figure things out. This release is an exemple. Musically it's two iconic artists doing good together. Mason takes lead on most tracks, but when Mama Cass appears she does some of her best vocals, far from the Mamas & Papas thing. Songs are kind of blues/country rock. Recorded at Record Plant and produced by the two with engineer Gary Kellgren. All very well done with top audio. To my taste not very exciting but nice. First US release on Blue Thumb (BTS 8825). As I'm trying to keep track of UK issues I've seen a number of variations before and this is an odd one. Most UK export pressings came with UK labels and number sequences. This - made for the Dutch market - has Dutch label and numbering, but UK ordinary "The Gramophone Co. Ltd..." rim text ending with "MADE IN GT. BRITAIN" (see pic). The cover is laminated made in Holland and the inner a UK pat. no. white. It's pressed on thick vinyl with hand etched US matrix numbers ending in -1 -1. I know sometimes pressings made in other countries got English labels and covers and sold as domestic, but this is the first time I've seen the other way around. (FÄV*)(ÖXÄP*)(CÖLÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar